Ca. 1860. Separately published broadside for New York paint maker established in 1770, with its 1770 trade mark and a large engraved illustration showing the bustling complex of buildings on Fulton Street, with large smokestacks billowing smoke and horse drawn carriages in the road.
The main building is depicted as a large three story building, the American flag flying from the top floor; the exterior signage on the facade perpendicular to the street reads "White Lead, Whiting & Putty". The facade parallel to the street has signage which reads "Raynolds, Pratt & Co. Paint Works". The engraving is flanked on each side by text listing the products manufactured; this list of products is continued beneath the engraving. The street address printed across the bottom: 106 and 108 Fulton St., New York".
Fulton Street was a major east-west thoroughfare in nineteenth century Manhattan. Named in 1816 in honor of Robert Fulton, the steamboat pioneer, it connected three small, previously disjointed lanes into a major commercial road.
8 1/2 x 11", a few ink marks top margin only, a bit ruffled at edges. The engraving bold and bright. Good +. Item #22713