Katonah: Katonah Village Improvement Society, 1900. First edition. Wraps. Scarce local history souvenir of Katonah, just following the flooding of the land of Old Katonah to accommodate the building of the New Croton Reservoir, and the removal of most of the grand old buildings to "New Katonah". Includes much local history, printed photographs of local residences and prominent residents, many pages of advertisements for local businesses, and a plan of the New Village showing lots for sale.
Advertisements include Doyle Brothers, with a printed photograph showing their greenhouses at Deer Park Farm; the Mt. Kisco Opera House; Benedict Brothers Watches; Hoyt Brothers Department Store, and the design services of architect Frank E. Waite.
Prominent individuals' portraits include: William H. Robertson, Henry E. Pellew and Lewis W. Elliott. Landmark buildings and residences include: the Jay Homestead, J. Francis Chapman residence, Mrs. Sarah E. Avery residence, Lewis H. Miller residence, Wm. H. Fowler, Louis K. Bell, Clarence Whitman, C. V. Schmidt, and Robert Hogg. The "Katonah Hermit", Thomas Lee is also profiled, along with a picture of him in front of his shack.
Outsize 8vo, unpaginated,  pp. Approximately 50 pages of text, 50 pages of advertisements and illustrations in text, and 25 pages of printed photographs. Bound in original thick rippled paper covers. Small neatly inscribed previous owner signature at front cover, Robert W. Green. Internally, very good condition. OCLC: 18349028 records one copy, Westchester Library System. Very good condition. Item #24749