6 Studio Shots of Tasmania.
Tasmania: Ca. 1920s. Large format b&w photographic prints of Tasmania, by J. C. Breaden, with informative pencil text on the verso.
The images include:
1. Huonville River and bridge (notes on verso pertain to apple orchards);
2. Electrolytic zinc works near Hobart (notes state one of the world's largest, on the river Durwent near Hobart);
3. Hobart panorama (about 65,000 inhabitants, Mt. Wellington in background);
4. Fern Tree Bower (labeled on the front in white marker; notes on verso: beauty spot in close proximity to Hobart);
5. A Summer Afternoon in the City Park, Launceston (notes: the city has several fine parks);
6. Mt. Ida Lake, St Clair from new park track round lake (notes: Lake St. Clair statistics, source of river Derwent; part of large scenic reserve).
Photographs 2 through 6 measure 8 3/4 c x 6 1/2"; 1 measures 8 1/4 x 5 1/4". For a similar set see OCLC: 846514355, photographic prints "Breaden's snapshot vws of Tas, set No. 1", at the State Library of Tasmania. Trove records glass lantern slides by Joseph Breaden. Very good condition. Item #24496