1880s. A cabinet card of a horse drawn wagon, one man holding the horse reins, and a second man smiling by the wagon, houses in the background. The wagon shows the painted logo of L. Christ, Baker.
The village of Sea Cliff was founded in 1871 as a Methodist camp meeting ground and became a popular vacation spot for New Yorkers due to its scenic waterfront and easy access.
The Christ Building (also known as Harlan's General Store) was built about 1880, and still exists today. The bakery and store on the first floor were the first businesses to occupy, with boarding rooms above. The building is on the National Register of Historic Places.
6 1/2 x 4 1/4", slt fade to left side though clear. Very good condition. Item #26714