Adelaide: . First printing. Photograph. An early stereoscopic view of Adelaide by B. Goode. The SLSA website catalogs this photograph as 1864. In September 1864, Goode moved his premises from 155 Rundle St. to number 69. He also built up a lucrative trade in photographic material, including chemicals that were "made to his special order and suitable for use in a hot climate". "In September 1865 Goode took his camera to the top of the partly-constructed Albert Tower...) and the "following month Goode again went to the top of the Albert Tower, but this time he had a stereoscopic camera..." (SLSA).
Stereoscopic view, albumen photograph sunned. Photos 6.8 x 14 cm on white card 8.7 x 17.5 cm. With a label on the verso “From B. Goode's Photographic Establishment, 69, Rundle Street, Adelaide. Importer of Pure Photographic Chemicals, &c." Two hand written inscriptions, on "King William Street", the other the same with "Adelaide - Australia" in addition. Cream card with a little foxing and edge browning.
The State Library of South Australia copy of the photograph (B+1157) is mounted on yellow card, with the measurements 7.4 x 15.4 cm. Good + overall. Item #28246